Stoke-on-Trent Covid 19 Support Network is a collaboration between the voluntary sector in Stoke-on-Trent and Stoke-on-Trent City Council. The aim is to supply up to date and accurate information and a brokerage service for people in isolation requiring assistance and the support available to them.
We do not charge for this service.
We encourage all parties to make the process and any activities undertaken as safe and low risk as possible.
Stoke-on-Trent Covid 19 Support Network, VAST, Stoke-on-Trent City Council and the project partners do not accept any responsibility for any financial, physical or emotional distress caused through communicating with other parties or accepting resources, equipment, advice, other support that may not be fit for purpose, damaged, broken, dangerous or inaccurate.
We do not accept any liability for any advice or communication received by a third party that may be false, inaccurate or cause distress or any actions that you undertake independently that put you, your family or loved ones, or your property at risk.
We advise against:
- unaccompanied face to face meetings to exchange goods or services,
- giving a third party your personal contact details or personal address.
- accepting equipment that is dangerous, broken or damaged.
- using advice and resources before checking that they are trustworthy, up-to-date or accurate.
We do not condone any violent, abusive or disrespectful behaviour of any kind and we reserve the right not to engage with anyone who puts our staff, volunteers, partners and users at risk.
When receiving resources:
- VAST or Stoke-on-Trent City Council cannot act as a storage facility by accepting any resources for a third party to collect at a later date unless this is prearranged and agreed by all parties ( this is to avoid our facilities becoming cluttered with uncollected items)
- If any items are left on our premises or at one of our events without agreement, we reserve the right to donate or reallocate them to another cause.