Royal Stoke Hospital Critical Care Unit
Role Description Non Clinical:
- Volunteers can work separately or in pairs and this can be the Volunteer choice
- Housekeeping, cleaning the administration desk and cupboards associated with those areas cleaning equipment provided, ensure in the area is clear of linen and waste.
- Donning & Doffing, supporting staff to get into PPE and take off PPE
- Answering the phone in the clinical pods and taking messages and ensuring these are relayed to the correct staff so they can call back and deal with the matter promptly,
- Putting away consumables and fluids in clinical pods, supporting with stock replenishments
There will be time to Defuse sessions after shifts in Critical Care which the Volunteers will be welcome to join. Regular contact will be made through the volunteer service leads and if they deem necessary further support can be given through the wellbeing and OD Teams.
Volunteers will not be expected to due tasks or duties they do not feel comfortable with or adequately trained for.
Trust Induction will be provided by the Volunteer Services
Local Induction and Orientation will provided by Dawn Moss
Training in the role will be provided and continued on-going support
Theatre scrubs and a badge scrubs will be laundered.
PPE will be provided with relevant training as necessary volunteer and name with sticker will be given for identification
Points of Contact:
Dawn Moss , Critical Care Lead for Volunteers 01782 675509 bleep 78- 107
Beccy Thompson, Volunteer Service Queries or Concerns 01782 676454
Justine Howard and Joanne Clewley, HR Support 01782 675585