We’ve got some great news – Library services will begin to return next week when our Longton and Tunstall sites start a Click, Call and Collect service from Monday, 6 July.
This is part of plans for a phased reopening of all six Stoke-on-Trent libraries.
You will be able to order books via Libraries Online, by email or over the phone.
To reserve books online for collection at Longton or Tunstall Library, you must be a member of Stoke-on-Trent Libraries. To order books simply visit Libraries Online, search for books you wish to borrow and place your requests.
If you’re not a member of Stoke-on-Trent Libraries yet, don’t worry. You can join on our Libraries Online website – it’s completely free.
Alternatively you can email or phone the libraries using the details below and tell staff which books you would like to reserve or ask them to choose some for you based on your preferences.
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Call 01782 238424 during library opening hours
• Email email@example.com
• Call 01782 238471 during library opening hours
Initially Longton and Tunstall libraries will be open for reduced hours of:
To begin with, you will not be able to browse the shelves as you normally would. You will only be able to collect books that you have ordered in advance via Click, Call and Collect during your allotted day and time.
Customers will be asked to wait outside the library door and to ensure they follow social distancing guidelines. A member of staff will then open the door and invite customers in during their time slot.
The customer will then be allowed into the collection area only to pick up their books, put them in their own bag and then leave the library.
The books that you borrow through Click, Call and Collect will be issued for six weeks.
From Monday 6 July you will be able to return books to Longton, Tunstall and City Central Library.
You do not need an appointment to return books to the library.
Books returned to Longton and City Central Library can be placed in the returns box outside the main library entrance.
Books returned to Tunstall Library can be placed in the clearly marked returns area in the main entrance during Click, Call and Collect opening hours.
Throughout the period that libraries have been temporarily closed we have suspended all overdue fines. We understand that many people may still struggle to return their books at the moment so we have now extended this to cover the reopening phase of libraries as well.
You will not receive any overdue fines during this time.
Our priority has always been – and continues to be – the safety of our staff and customers.
• Libraries will be cleaned each morning, including the collection area.
• Staff will follow government guidelines for hygiene by washing their hands regularly and using hand sanitiser when selecting and issuing books to customers – This follows guidance prepared in consultation with Public Health England and the Health and Safety Executive.
• Collection will be ‘contact-free’ and the only things that customers will need to touch inside the library are the books they are collecting.
• Books that are returned by customers will be quarantined for at least 72 hours before being handled by staff and returned to our shelves or issued to another customer.
• Customers will also be asked to bring their own bags for Click, Call and Collect.
Homelink Library Service
We know that some of our residents may struggle to leave their homes. So we created the Homelink Library Service.
Homelink is a free service available for adults who live in Stoke-on-Trent who are housebound or who struggle to get to the library due to mobility issues.
Our staff will choose a selection of books that can be delivered to your home on a regular basis by our friendly drivers.
From Monday 6 July we will be expanding our Homelink service so that it can be offered to:
• Vulnerable adults who are housebound, or who would struggle to get to the library due to mobility issues
• People who are currently unable to leave their homes due to shielding
Find out more about our Homelink Library Service here.