Support is available to former mineworkers, partners, widows and any dependent children or adult dependents with a disability.
- Assistance with welfare benefit applications and in-dustry related compensation schemes
- Advice on mining related issues including illness and disability
- Help to access mobility equipment including walking aids and wheelchairs
- Support to reduce loneliness and social isolation
- Advocacy to enable you to ex-press your views and concerns, and defend and promote your rights, including access to information and services
- Emotional support including loss and bereavement, illness and caring responsibilities
- Financial assistance at times of exceptional hardship through CIS-WO grants or assistance through other agencies and charities
- Access to holidays and convalescence
- Access to CISWO educational grants for former mineworkers and their dependents
We have also extended our services to those in our client group most in need, particularly those who are self-isolating and have limited local support and can provide access to essential shopping and prescription collection in some areas.
Best way to contact
Please contact your local office if you think we can help:
South England Welfare Offices, Berry Hill Lane, Mans-field, Nottinghamshire, NG18 4JR.
Telephone: 01623 625767