Are You Experiencing Difficulty in Accessing Local Supermarkets Protected Time for Vulnerable Groups? Maybe we can help…
Some of our clients have contacted us to let us know that they are struggling to access local supermarkets during the protected time for vulnerable groups. Some of our clients have explained that as they have hidden disabilities or are considered to be ‘too young to have such a disability’, they are being turned away from supermarkets during the protected time for vulnerable groups. As such we would like to offer the Disability Solutions Letter of Support for Vulnerable Groups to the following individuals:
If you are known to Disability Solutions West Midlands:
- If a member of our workforce has supported you recently or in the past,
- If you have opened a case with us – e.g. a welfare benefit claim / an appeal tribunal / an information request etc.,
If you meet any of the conditions stated with GOV.UK Guidance on social distancing for everyone in the UK and protecting older people and vulnerable groups:
- aged 70 or older (regardless of medical conditions)
- under 70 with an underlying health condition listed below:
- chronic (long-term) respiratory diseases, such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema or bronchitis
- chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- chronic kidney disease
- chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis
- chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), a learning disability or cerebral palsy
- problems with your spleen – for example, sickle cell disease or if you have had your spleen removed
- a weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or medicines such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy
…then we should be able to post out to you a letter of support explaining that you are known to Disability Solutions West Midlands and that you meet the conditions required to enable you to access the protected time for vulnerable groups within supermarkets/shops.
If you would like to be considered for a Letter of Support for Vulnerable Groups, please contact us giving your name, address and telephone number, and one of our advisers will contact you – contact us:
- By telephone (leave us a message): 01782 638300 select option 3 or 5
- By email (send us a message): firstname.lastname@example.org
- On Facebook (send us a private message): DisSolStaffs
- On our Website (send us a private message) on: disabilitysolutions.org.uk
- Via text (send us a text message): 07522 550534
Are you worried about someone you know who is self-isolating due to older age, disability or long-term/life-limiting health condition and Covid-19?
Worried about someone who lives alone and may need help to get shopping and medication, or maybe just needs a call to say ‘Hi’?
If you’re worried about someone you know / a neighbour, then why not contact us and we will try our very best to link them with help and support.
Tel: 01782 638300
You can Support Disability Solutions' work by making a donation below: